Environment Club Program
Young people see a problem and are instantly motivated to act. A school environment club gives students the platform they need to take action on the environmental issues they feel passionate about. Channeling student energy and enthusiasm into an environment club will let students take a leadership role in identifying and achieving your school’s environmental goals.
Environment Club Ideas
Your environment club’s eco-initiatives can be big or small and may take the form of awareness activities, school events, or programs. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Hold a “wear green” day.
- Show an environmental film.
- Create a green school mural.
- Deliver environmental presentations to peers.
- Go on an environmentally-focused field trip.
- Perform skits/songs with a green message at holiday assemblies.
- Create environmental tips and memos for your school website, newsletter, bulletin board, or hallway digital monitor.
- Promote special occasions like Waste Reduction Week, Earth Day and Compost Awareness Week.
Activities and Events
- Conduct a waste audit (.pdf)
- Hold a waste-free lunch day (.pdf)
- Hold a recycling blitz (.pdf)
- Host a school swap meet (.pdf)
- Start schoolyard composting (.pdf)
- Start classroom vermicomposting (.pdf)
- Start a vegetable garden.
- Host a schoolyard clean-up.
- Start a schoolyard naturalization project.
- Construct an outdoor classroom (.pdf)
- Hold a walk or bike to school day.
- Get involved in local environmental initiatives.
Programs and Guidelines
- Introduce paper reduction guidelines.
- Start a comprehensive recycling program.
- Implement waste reduction initiatives in the cafeteria.
- Create idle-free zones.
Our 30-minute Kick-Start Your School Environment Club Program can help your club identify their top environmental concerns at school and work together to come up with a plan to green their school community. Participants are led through an exercise on developing SMART goals and objectives, and introduced to resources designed by MMSB to help start environmental initiatives at school. This workshop will leave students with the motivation and tools necessary to guide their school to a greener future.
- Check out our Environment Club Guide (.pdf) to start your own club today!
- Use our sample Environment Club Guide PA Announcement (.pdf) to rally eco-wise students together!
- Create your own Composting Demonstration (.pdf)
- Use our sample Composting Slides (.ppt) to help educate your school!
- Create your own Beverage Container Recycling Demonstration (.pdf)
- Use our sample Beverage Container Recycling Slides (.ppt) to help educate your school!
- Create your own Paper Reduction Demonstration (.pdf)
- Use our Sample Paper Reduction Slides (.ppt) to help educate your school!
- Create your own Waste-Free Lunch Demonstration (.pdf)
- Use our sample Waste-Free Lunch Slide (.ppt) to help educate your school!
Contact email@example.com for more information.